My Photo
Name:
Location: Near the deep south

I am just Diane, just a mom and a wife. I have 5 children that range in age from 18 down to 2. I am also feeling particularly crafty lately and have opened an etsy store. Please feel free to check it out. http://www.etsy.com/shop/Dianelynn2004

Saturday, June 12, 2010

To Dillon

Dillon, I can hardly believe that you will be graduating in just a few days. The past 18 and a half years have just gone by so quickly. It seems like you just made your arrival into this world and now you are taking your last walk as a senior. I remember when you were little. You were a mommas boy. We spent all of our time together. I was never left unentertained with you around. Such a sweet and smart little boy. I didn't imagine that there would ever be anything that would hold you back in this world. I, of course, thought I had the smartest boy EVER. I was such a proud mom.

As you grew older I began to realize that teens are difficult. You were no exception to the rule. I really had no idea how hard you were going to make it though. I had no idea. Words fail me. We don't need to bring it all back up but I was scared for you. I was scared for all of us. When I realized that big trouble had arrived at our doorstep, I was devastated. I began to worry about the future. Then I had to do the one thing I hadn't thought I would have to do for a few more years. I had to let you go. I hadn't thought I would have to do that so soon. It was by far the worst time of my life although I was thankful that your absence from my life was not permanent (if you are following me).

Fast forward to present.
You made it! I am now once again feeling that pride I once felt before. I pray that the hurt and dissappointment are things of the past. I pray that as you take your final walk that you realize that the future is yours. You are the captain of your vessel and the decisions you make are yours to own. I will always be here for you. I will always love you beyond measure. I know I will be crying my eyes out on Wednesday night but it will be tears of joy. Congratulations, Dillon. I love you with all of my heart.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home