My Photo
Name:
Location: Near the deep south

I am just Diane, just a mom and a wife. I have 5 children that range in age from 18 down to 2. I am also feeling particularly crafty lately and have opened an etsy store. Please feel free to check it out. http://www.etsy.com/shop/Dianelynn2004

Friday, April 30, 2010

Bye Bye gallbladder

So, the surgery went well.  We got to the hospital, did a pregnancy test...  and what do you know?  I'm not pregnant.  I know if that test had been positive, it would have to be an act of God.

Once the anesthesiologist came in and put something in my IV...  I don't remember much after that.  Next thing I know I am waking up in the recovery room.  It was terrible.  I think my nose itched and I was trying to scratch it and the nurse was yelling at me to stop what ever I doing.  She didn't seem very friendly.  I was feeling so nauseous.  I felt like I couldn't talk though, so I never told her.

They wheeled me down to the day surgery room and I thought I was going to throw up everywhere.  A little zofran and demerol took care of that.  I slept off the pain meds, got a darvocet and was sent home shortly after.  I slept for the rest of the day.  Today I am still EXHAUSTED.  Dizzy when I stand and pain at the entry sites (4 small holes, maybe I will post a picture),  My mouth is like the desert.  YUCK.

So, that's about it.  I am glad it is over.  I hope that I am not amongst the 15-20% that experience troubles after getting their gallbladder out.  I just want to get back to normal.

Okay, Love to all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Photos by: Jenniffer Eckert said...

Is everything going well so far? I hate that dry feeling in your mouth when you wake up...and up to several days after surgery! BLAH! They made me eat crackers and it was like putting a spoonful of cinnimon in my mouth! I was spitting out crumbs everywhere LOL

Keep us posted on how you're doing!

May 5, 2010 at 9:47 AM  
Blogger Just Diane said...

They were killing me with the crackers. Hahaha. What a way to treat a person who has NO saliva. It was really quite comical. I hadn't expected that at all. I think they need to serve something like... lemons.

I am doing good. I am still sore. More sore than I thought I would be but not so much that I can't get up and go. My incisions are itchy now. fun. Thanks for checking on me! Love ya.

May 5, 2010 at 2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home