My Photo
Name:
Location: Near the deep south

I am just Diane, just a mom and a wife. I have 5 children that range in age from 18 down to 2. I am also feeling particularly crafty lately and have opened an etsy store. Please feel free to check it out. http://www.etsy.com/shop/Dianelynn2004

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Our Anniversary

   Yesterday marked 5 years that I have spent with my incredible husband.  We are a classic case of lost-contact-ages-ago-and-reconnected-through-classmates story.  I found him after a few exhausting years of internet searches and calling phone numbers matching his name.  I had given up.  I was DONE.  Then one morning as I sat at my computer I randomly thought.... "I should look just one last time".  So, I did and low and behold, there he was.  I was pretty certain it was him.  It was the right high school and the right graduation year.  So, I shot him an email through classmates just to confirm.  I think I heard back from him the day after...  maybe even later that day.  I have slept and had two more children since then so my memory is a tad fuzzy.  It was in fact... HIM.  Like you didn't know that already.
   We talked and emailed for a while, never laying eyes on each other in that time except in photos.  I think you could probably just go ahead and consider that the dating phase because I am here to tell you, once we did see each other again, we were married within 2 and a months.  We were not living in the same state so dating really was out of the question.  He asked me to marry him on Valentines Day (while visiting at my house) and we married on March 19, 2005.
   It has been an incredible 5 years.  We have 2 beautiful children together.  We have been through moves and retirement, heart break and happiness, loss and gain.  We have gotten to know each other and I can honestly say, I love him more now than I did when we married.  I trust him with all of my being.  That is most important.  I have a trust issue.  But, not with him.  Thank you, Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home