My Photo
Name:
Location: Near the deep south

I am just Diane, just a mom and a wife. I have 5 children that range in age from 18 down to 2. I am also feeling particularly crafty lately and have opened an etsy store. Please feel free to check it out. http://www.etsy.com/shop/Dianelynn2004

Thursday, March 18, 2010

So who am I anyway?

I figure that I may as well go ahead introduce myself.  Here are 100 facts about me!!

1.  My name is Diane...  and I go by Diane and mom, mommy, momma.
2.  My sister calls me DJ.
3.  My husband calls lots of (sweet) names, but rarely Diane.
4.  I have 5 children.
5.  I never planned to have 5 children.
6.  I sure am glad I did though.
7.  At least 2 of them have broken my heart beyond measure.
8.  I love them regardless... and they love me.
9.  My 11 year old looks NOTHING like me, but she sure does act like me.
10.  3 of my children strongly resemble me.
11.  I was born in Florida.
12.  I don't live there anymore but I wish I did.
13.  My 3 boys were born in Florida.
14.  My daughters were not.
15.  I have never lived anywhere for more than 4 years in my life.
16.  We have been at our current residence for 3 years.
17.  We may or may not move.
18.  I don't like crowds.
19.  I am shy when I first meet people.
20.  Sometimes people take it as though I am not very friendly.
21.  That may or may not be true (lol).
22.  I tend to be sarcastic in real life...  but I am shy about being sarcastic when I write.
23.  I am a blog stalker and a few of them have really captured my heart.
24.  I never thought I would blog...  because I am pretty boring.
25.  I tend to take everything to heart and my feelings get hurt easily.
26.  I hate that about myself.  I wish I had a thicker skin.
27.  I cry way too much.
28.  I drink way too much coffee.
29.  I am having trouble with this list.
30.  Tomorrow is my 5th year anniversary.
31.  My older 3 children are mine, the younger 2 are ours.
32.  I struggled in the past with relationships.
33.  I am married to Mr. Right, no doubt about it.
34.  We have known each other since we were kids.
35.  We hooked up again on classmates.
36.  We talked for 3 years before we saw each other again.
37.  Our story was featured for a while on classmates.
38.  We have moved 3 times in the past 5 years (different states).
39.  I am a neat freak.
40.  I have not always been that way.
41.  I stress myself out over cleaning... especially if we have company coming.
42.  I stress quite a bit.
43.  I need to work on that.
44.  I went to school to be an LPN.
45.  I only worked as an LPN for 8 months...  I haven't worked in 5 years.
46.  Nursing is hard work and I admire nurses.
47.  I didn't stop nursing because of the work.
48.  I married, moved and started planning for more children.
49.  I still don't know what I want to be when it is time for me to return to work.
50.  I have some time to think about it.
51.  I am afraid of heights.
52.  So, window washing is out of the question.
53.  I have grown tremendously as a person in the last 7 years.
54.  It started with college and continued with marrying my perfect compliment.
55.  I encourage my children to go to college.
56.  I pray they have happy, healthy lives.
57.  Speaking of praying, I am a faithful soul.
58.  I admit that I am not as far along in my relationship with Jesus as I would like.
59.  That doesn't mean that I am not working on it.
60.  I believe in prayer, I believe in Jesus, I believe that I am on the right path.
61.  I didn't grow up going to church so I have some catching up to do.
62.  I would love to learn how to sew.
63.  I crochet a little.
64.  Maybe I will make this blog about my adventure in learning how to sew.
65.  I'm not much of an animal person.
66.  I think they are adorable and I love to "visit".
67.  I guess I am just not much of a pet owner.
68.  If I had to choose between a dog or a cat...  it would be a cat hands down.
69.  I did have a dog that I LOVED (a mini greyhound)
70.  We couldn't get her house trained and unfortunately had to let her go.  I still miss her.
71.  I love to shop.  It really is therapy.  I don't even have to buy anything.
72.  I love a good bargain.  I try not to pay full price if I don't have to.
73.  Coupons are not my thing though...  I forget to use them.
74.  I still clip them.  How weird is that?
75.  I'm not terribly weird though.
76.  I am a fairly private person so I am thinking that writing on a blog is going to be difficult for me.
75.  My husband is my best friend.
76.  I am really hoping I get a bike this summer with a kiddie ride-along-thingamajigger.
77.  I need to lose a little weight.
78.  Exercise is not my thing though.
79.  I am glad that my child bearing days are over.  I love the thought of having more children but I think 5 is enough.
80.  I would be a surrogate if I could, but I think 3 c-sections rules me out.
81.  I would be so honored to be able to give that great of a gift though.
82.  I love Kate Gosselin.  I don't care what anyone else thinks.
83.  I would show my belly on TV too if I thought someone would offer to give me a tummy tuck too.
84.  I don't think that is why she did it, but I would if it had the same effect.
85.  Billy Joel is my all time favorite singer.
86.  Norah Jones is in 2nd place.
87.  My favorite food is shrimp.  I do not like cocktail sauce.  Tartar sauce for this girl, please.
88.  I do not like bologna.
89.  My husband is a better cook than I am.  I wish he would cook every night.
90.  I am not a cold weather person.
91.  I would rather stay inside than go out in the snow.  My husband has come home from work early to take the babies out to play in it.
92.  I complain about it far too much.
93.  Despite my dislike of the cold and snow, I dream about visiting Rockefeller Center at Christmas time and ice skating.
94.  I am an advisor for Lia Sophia jewelry and I LOVE it.  I love the jewelry.  I don't wear much jewelry on a regular basis though.
95.  You can check out my website here too.
96.  I go to bed entirely too late.  It is my quiet time.
97.  I love to sleep in with my family, but it doesn't happen often because my 3yo is an early bird.
98.  I am praying for time to slow down a bit because it is killing me that my baby is getting big so fast.
99.  I am almost done with this list!!
100.  If you have made it to the bottom, I hope you feel like you know me a little better.  Thank you for reading this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home